Saturday, May 22, 2010

ESPN at it once again

I've already addressed my disdain for ESPN's sports score ticker, and how useless and outdated it is with advancements in the internet. It is one of the main reasons I avoid ESPN as much as I possibly can. Tonight, however, ESPN2 was showing the 1989 fight between Evander Holyfield and Michael Dokes, and I wanted to see the fight. I could not help but notice the ticker at the bottom and the order in which they were relaying the main topics of the stories.

The Lead - makes sense, the top sports stories of the day.
MLB - all of the scores from the day's baseball games.
NBA - the score of the Celtics vs. Magic playoff game.
NHL - the score of the Canadians vs. Flyers playoff game.
LeBron - do I seriously need to continue ???????

What ?!?!?! WHAT ?!?!?! Correct me if I'm wrong, but LeBron James is a player in the NBA. What the hell is he doing with his own classification on the sports score ticker? Shouldn't any news pertaining to LeBron James be listed under the NBA subtitle? Is he above and separate from the game? Could you imagine this debacle of a television station in the late 80's?

The Lead
MLB
NBA
NHL
Magic
Michael
Larry

Seriously ESPN, if you want to stick your tongue down LeBron's throat, could you at least do it in private?